Translate

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I prefer my crayons "naked"

Have you ever found yourself peeling a crayon for a student who tells you that,"This crayon doesn't work anymore?" It never ceases to amaze me and make me laugh! How old does a kid have to be before they realize that they can peel a crayon themselves? I keep a plastic schoolbox of peeled crayons for each of the seven tables in my room. I find these so much easier for the kiddo's to use and the added benefit of teaching them to use the side of the crayon to fill in large areas of their paper. I have students donate their used crayons in the Spring before they leave for Summer vacation and then I peel them during the summer when I'm watching TV (I use an X-acto knife and it goes quickly.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read someplace - not sure of the source - that if you put your crayons into water and let them soak the paper comes off easily. Seems that it should work though I haven't tried it yet.