Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5th Grade Self-Portraits





After many years of teaching self-portraiture, I really feel like I've got it down to a cool science, so to speak. I talk to so many other art teachers who confess that they just don't feel comfortable with this lesson. I've been using the Doodle series video, portraits, for the last few years. The kids love it because of the animation and the kooky characters that explain, very simply, how to draw a self-portrait. After we had completed the drawings, the students mounted them on foamcore and attached an easel support on the back. They were colored with colored pencil.

2 comments:

ANNE FARRELL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ANNE FARRELL said...

They've done a great job! Can you tell me exactly what these videos are? Can you get them online?