Translate

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Evolution of the Art Elements





Have you ever started a project with your students, and in a flash of brilliance (Ha!), decided to turn it in a different direction? After my first graders had completed their colorful lines project, they cut them out and instead of glueing them onto a black background as we usually do,we made paper bag sculptures with them. I enjoyed them so much more as a 3-D project and they have been hanging up in the art room with a sign that says, "Sculpture is my Bag", Ha!

4 comments:

dmasse said...

very cool! simple and effective way to make those compositions pop off the wall and take on new life!

My Oatmeal Kisses said...

I am so impressed! It seems like the best art moments come when you least expect them. I love that you did this with 1st graders. I bet they were so proud of them! I just found your blog today over at Mary's Makings. I just love it! I'm excited to be your newest follower :)

Pat said...

I'm so happy to have a new follower! Thank you Oatmeal Kisses!

Art at Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School said...

Excellent idea.