Translate

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Painted Ladies of the Victorian Era -3rd Grade













We are very fortunate in the town that I teach in to have a large variety of Victorian era homes. As part of our art curriculum addressing local history, I focus on Victorian Houses with my 3rd grade classes. I tried something different this year, using some geometric templates suggested at Deep Space Sparkle, (thanks Patty!). I had the kids focus on exterior textures as we talked about the Industrial Revolution and the machinery that made it possible to produce a wide variety of shingles and decorative cut-outs.

2 comments:

Art at Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School said...

These Victorian Houses are beautiful.
I love the variety of lines.
You have some talented students.

Pat said...

Thanks Chesterbrook Academy. I follow your blog and really enjoy your posts.