Translate

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chinese Dragon Masks







All of my classes are working on Chinese and Japanese influenced designs/projects. My second grade classes at  Walnut Grove finished their Dragon Masks today with a healthy dose of GLITTER GLUE! I was a goddess today because kids love nothing better than decorating something with glitter glue. They loved it! I highly recommend Discount School Supply's box of 30 classpack(approx. $19.99). Great colors, easy to squeeze and they have twist tops that stay ON....Oh yeah. I am using paint stir sticks that a very nice kid at a major name paint store gave me a CASE of a few years ago for the handles. You gotta love those freebies. Next up, Japanese lanterns-stay tuned!

3 comments:

Beth Hurley said...

I have my students create Chinese dragons with head, body and tails, but I like this idea, too!

Art Project Girl said...

So very cool. You come at a perfect time! I am trying to figure out another mask lesson I haven't tried. Chinese is definitely one of them.

Off topic the beginning of this sound made me really concerned that my new mac was begin to talk to me with some weird sounds! The vavuum vavuum sounded like the engine was dying! I was relieved to say the least when the music came on.

hahaha. . .I'm tired too which didn't help!

Miss said...

I love these! So colourful and vibrant. I love using glitter whenever possible- thanks for the tip about the brand you use. Also, great tip about stir sticks- I'll have to go visit my local paint store soon....