Translate

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Purfect Peacocks

One of my Pinterest boards is all Peacocks all the time! I find them fascinating and our world famous Henry Doorly Zoo, here in Omaha, has Peacocks that wander around the zoo grounds freely and colorfully, I might add. They make the weirdest sound, akin to a strangled person yelling, HELP. But I digress. I found a painting on Pinterest of a closeup of a mostly blue Peacock that really moved me. I showed my 3rd graders how to break the bird down into basic shapes first and then we colored the bulk of the drawing with oil pastels. Finally, we painted the rest of the composition with watercolor. The kids are so proud of their work they kept saying it was the best project, EVER! My heart swelled..........






 I have more from school#2 that I will post later!










4 comments:

Sunnylee Mowery said...

I love these peacock portraits! They are stunning and this idea is new and refreshing. I visited the Henry Doorly Zoo a few years ago and was blown away by the desert dome. I'm adding you to my blog roll! Thanks, SharpieWoman!

Pat said...

Thanks, Sunnylee! I will visit your blog too!

:)Pat

Mary said...

Pat, these are gorgeous! I love the colors and patterns. Your students did a beautiful job!

Miss said...

Love, love, LOVE these! Thanks for sharing!