Translate

Monday, March 5, 2012

It's Official! We Won the Youth Art Month Billboard!

I am happy and proud to announce that one of my first grade students won the Youth Art Month Billboard for 2012! The billboard is provided by a group called JAMA, who are associated with The Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha, Ne. They surprised my student, Rhianna, this morning with a framed reproduction of her art work, a year's family membership to the Art Museum and a hearty round of applause! Her parent's were there to share in the surprise and they will be able to see the billboard tomorrow. It will be up for a month.

I couldn't be more proud! This is the 9th win over the last 11 years for one of my students. The lesson was about Primary colors so I thought it would be fun to create, "Primary Monsters". I posted about this project last month and they are all so much fun!

9 comments:

Mr. E said...

That is WONDERFUL!!! And how cute is the image!!!!!!!!!!

Phyl said...

Congrats to you and your student! Great work!!

artteachergirl said...

Congratulations!!! What a great piece! YAM is my favorite time of the year!

Mary said...

A big congrats to you and your student. And 9 wins over 11 years?! That is an impressive record!

Pat said...

Thanks, Everybody! I am still on a YAM high since hearing the good news. Unfortunately, I somehow injured my right eye (flying grit?)and have a Corneal ulcer on that eye which is being treated with antibiotic drops. I will miss most of my classes this week as I am functionally blind in one eye and cannot drive......ARRGGGHHH! It's always something, isn't it?

Paintedpaper said...

Wonderful new for your students and You! I agree with Mr. E how cute is that image! :) Congrats again!

Janis said...

That's awesome. Congratulations!

Janis said...

That is great! Congratulations!

dmasse said...

woohoo! congrats to your stellar student and their amazing instructor!