Translate

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Krazy Kats

Laura, at Painted Paper, is one of my faves! Her blog has inspired me to really go for it with unique, colorful, painted paper projects. This is my take on her painted paper cats. My 2nd grade classes have been working hard on their cats for a month and they are ready for their "close-up"!










This kitty is a shy one! LOVE that she's half hidden behind her flower!
 This one looks like a "Carmen Miranda" kitty for those of you old enough to remember the '40's and '50's!
Is there ANYTHING cuter than funny cat faces? I think not!

8 comments:

Phyl said...

I agree about Painted Paper, and I adore these colorful kitties! Of course I'm a cat person too, so any cat is a cute cat!

Mary said...

These are fabulous! My fav's are the 3rd from the top with the double flowers and straight lines across the face and the 3rd from the bottom with SO much "wonderfulness" going on!

Hope Hunter Knight said...

these are adorable. your kids really did a great job!

Pat said...

Thanks, Ladies! I LOVED this project and so did my 2nd graders. It is a keeper!

Art Project Girl said...

I love this project!!! So much creativity and fun for these last few spring school days!

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

Beautiful artwork by your students.
I love the idea of these paper collage cats.
A successful colorful project.

tinyartroom said...

Love them! So pretty and I like that you focused just on the heads.

coralvssalmon said...

I love these itah bittah kittahs! I am so inspired by this lesson. Thanks for posting. And BTW, congrats on your 100 followers. Happy art adventures this summer!