Translate

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Quick O'Keeffe Project

Time is short, and I will only see my students three more times this school year. I am concocting shorter, smaller lessons so we can finish up in one or two sessions. I had my 4th graders watch my favorite Georgia O'Keeffe film, in her own voice, and then we drew from some displays I made showcasing some of her favorite works of mine.



The kids loved being able to sit on the floor, up close to the artworks and draw their favorite. I had them use oil pastels to color their drawings and most finished in one class. I cut the paper into 9x9's so we could wrap it up in a timely manner. Sometime's, it's just fun to work on smaller paper!

3 comments:

Painting With Brains said...

Three more times!? So jealous!!

Pat said...

Yeah, but I have TONS of cleaning and storing at THREE buildings so I'msure I'll be there the week after school lets out trying to finish up............

Art Project Girl said...

Wow! Three more classes is really amazing!!! It's getting down there. I am sad but looking forward to summer. We still have a SOLID month to go. June 15th!