Translate

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thumbprint Critters

I have always loved Ed Emberley's books, especially his thumbprint books. I shared one of his books with my 1st grade classes and struggled with the idea of having all of my pretty colors of stamp pads destroyed by multiple fingers making them muddy. Necessity is the mother, right? I used my candy mold pans with small, cut up pieces of sponges, soaked them with liquid watercolor and we started thumbprinting! I gave them extra fine (not ultra) black sharpies to add details and they had a ball. I especially like the dragons.



Here are some examples,








The sponges stayed moist and usable over a period of three days and three schools because I covered them tightly with plastic wrap and stored them in an airtight container.

1 comment:

Art Project Girl said...

This is so great! Especially this spring/summer! Going to try it!