Translate

Friday, September 7, 2012

Ancient Egypt is bustin' out all over the artroom!

Love the boy King!
My example for the 2nd grade Mummy Case
The kids asked me if they could paint their mummy faces green and I said, why not?
This is what the 4th grade tombs look like before they are folded
into a rectangular box
This is an OLD example that has been squished too many times
and the one below, too. They are both 4th grade student examples.
I think I made this in the early '90s when I as obsessed with teaching
3D lettering! I just can't throw it out!

I am jumping the gun by revealing projects in progress,
but I'm having so much fun with the kids I couldn't wait to share!

 


This is stuck to my magnetic whiteboard with a bulldog clip...

3 comments:

Elizabeth - Dream Painters said...

I love the 3D tomb idea - very 'The Mummy Returns'!!! I bet they had a great time with this one!

Painting With Brains said...

I agree with Elizabeth - the 3D tomb is so cool. What a great way to introduce drawing in perspective!

ShellyP said...

I love these tomb perspective pieces! These are great!