Translate

Friday, September 14, 2012

Bruised, not Broken

So, I went to the Orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday and received great news. I tore my anterior miniscus and did NOT fracture my Tibia! The surgeon told me that ER Docs are notorious for misinterpreting X-Rays.  

I was happy to hear that my leg wasn't broken, but I am not happy about the cheesy insurance my district has. I can't wait for the bills to start rolling in! Anywhoo.......I need to keep it iced this weekend as I really overdid it this week. Speaking of which, my students were very productive this week! On the Ancient Egyptian front at School #1, the paper mache' mummies were basecoated with student's choice of gold or silver tempera, the 3-D tombs are coming along nicely, the Egyptian Oasis Gardens are finished and the mummy case paintings and the Cartouche projects are ready to mat with black paper.

At School #2, the Digeridoos are complete, the X-Ray critters with color switcher markers are INCREDIBLE, the boomerangs are okay, could've been brighter, and the Tiwi Island fabric designs will start stamping(printing) next week. The crayon/paint scraper critters just need their punched dot borders to be added next class.

Poor School #3, the little country school with 4 combo classes! I have introduced all of the Northwest Coast projects, but they have missed two Mondays due to scheduling and Labor Day so there is not much to share.

I hope all of you out there in the Blogosphere have a relaxing, restful weekend!

7 comments:

Phyl said...

Glad you aren't broken! But sounds like you have NOT folllowed doctor orders to take it easy on the injury. You've exhausted me with that list of accomplishments! Wow!!

Painting With Brains said...

Also glad you're not broken, but really, take time to heal! That sounds like it'll be a longer and tougher recovery if you push too hard. Can't wait to see all the kids finished projects- they all sound so beautiful!

Elizabeth - Dream Painters said...

Good to hear your injury is not as serious as you thought at first - still needs time and rest to heal!!! If you are the workaholic I think you may be, this may be a bit difficult!!!!!! I just love your blog, get lots of inspiration here. I loved having you visit me:) Take care and HEAL!

Mr. E said...

Everyone else is being so sweet...hope you aren't expecting that from me! :) HA HA Are you falling apart? Ya gotta take care of your self lady!?!?!!!!!

Mrs. C said...

Glad to hear you leg is not broken! Don't over do it though! A tear can be a tough heal if you keep stressing it out! Plan your next lessons so that you are not going to be on your foot too much! I know that sounds easier than it is! The kids will understand if you park yourself in a chair in the middle of the room and they need to come to you for a few weeks. Take care of your self. :)

Christie - Fine Lines said...

I can't imagine how you have been able to get all that accomplished hobbling around on a sore leg!! You amaze me!! Looking forward to seeing all those project in days (or weeks) to come. Heal well:))

Pat said...

Ha!Ha! Ted! Thanks everyone for the moral support! I was going to take a photo of the bruising on my knee for y'all cuz it kinda resembles a Jackson Pollock painting, but then I got my good sense back in a flash! LOL