Translate

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fluffy women on crutches are not attractive!


So I went to an outdoor concert last night and broke my leg! There, I said it! I am a Klutz of the first order. I was carrying some beverages (re:liquid happiness)back to my group of friends when I slipped on a slight, grassy incline. One second I was standing up and the next one I was Woman Down! A couple of quick thinking ladies picked up the "beverages" for me and asked if I needed medical attention. Being the stubborn,  embarassed fool that I am, I said no. My friends came running and pulled me up. I got back to my chair and thought it was just a painful bump, but before the Hall and Oates show even started, I was on my way to the ER. One of my former students was the X-ray tech and we had a few minutes of catching up. When the Dr. told me I had broken my Tibia, I just looked at her and asked if she was kidding. ARRGGHHH! I can't miss school! We're supposed to make the last batch of paper mache' mummies on Monday!The saving grace in all of this is that I am not in any pain and there won't be any surgery as it will heal itself eventually. I was told not to drive or bend my leg....Yeah right! How would I explain to three different Principals that I haven't even started my sub folders yet?Double Arrgghh!

14 comments:

Elizabeth - Dream Painters said...

Oh sympathies!!!! And you missed the gig too! On a happier note, I for one am loving your Egyptian theme, following avidly :)

Mrs. C said...

Oh Pat! I wish you a speedy recovery! Glad you are not in any pain!

Painting With Brains said...

So glad it doesn't hurt! It's upsetting for sure, but your principals and students will be understanding. I'm sure you'll figure it all out - nothing can stop you!

Art Project Girl said...

You can do this! It's called stories and a drawing or moving and a drawing! Work on getting better! So sorry this happened to you:( now especially

Mary said...

Oh no Pat! Sorry to hear this. But of course it could be worse. My husband slipped at work and broke his ankle. But it was so badly shattered, he had to have quite a bit of hardware put in. So glad to hear it doesn't hurt and requires no surgery. Maybe you can utilize some wonderful student helpers to get you through the next few weeks. Best to you!

Rina k6art.com said...

Ouch! I hope your colleagues and students step up to the plate and become extra helpful helpers. Maybe they can sign your cast (in Sharpie) as a reward. Hope you have speedy recovery.

Rina k6art.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christie - Fine Lines said...

Oh, Pat, I just HATE hearing stories like this. So sorry it happened to you!!! Hope you heal VERY quickly!!

Snippety Gibbet said...

Oooooooh nooooooo! So sorry to hear this. I was on crutches in the spring and so I can really feel for you. jan

Jen said...

OH MY! That is my biggest fear, breaking something. I especially get scared when I think that I might break a hand and I can't teach art anymore. But now that I hear your story, oh my, I guess any bone breakage could take you out of the art room.

Lots of love and healing sending your way!

Pat said...

Thanks for all of the love and light, ladies! Still no pain and will try to get to my Orthopedic Doctomorrow! Blessings to all!

Phyl said...

Pat, so sorry about this! I'm a klutz too (I doubt that is a surprise, since we are kindred spirits) so its a miracle I never broke anything. I wish I could come and sub for you! I love love LOVE papier mâché and your mummies would be so much fun! Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Can I come doodle on your cast?

Phyl said...

Hall and Oates??!?!!?? Are they still in existence??

Pat said...

Phyl,

Yeah, thy're still touring. One of our local DJ duos talked about the show the next morning during drive time and said that they were at the show and Hall and Oates wouldn't even speak to each other off stage! Guess they're just in it for the $$$......

:)Pat

P.S. IF I get a cast tomorrow!