Translate

Monday, October 15, 2012

I've been "Borrowing", again.........

I really wish that I had written down the names of the blogs that I saved images from when I first started blogging, a little over a year ago. If you were the one that posted this lesson, please let me know so I can give the proper attribution.
Rainbow Serpent
Kookaburra
Barramundi

Echidna


These are my 4th grader's Australian Aboriginal projects. X-Ray critters made using Crayola Color Switcher markers. L-O-V-E these markers! The backgrounds were created with a limited color palette of gray, brown, Sandy tan and black. The icons are from the Aborigine's symbols found in their Dot Paintings. My students couldn't get enough of the color changing markers and I am going to try to come up with another project to use them with.



 

5 comments:

Elizabeth - Dream Painters said...

Wish I'd thought of those markers when I did my aboriginal pictures! A whole lot easier, and so effective!! Ah well, another idea to be filed away for the future....
Elizabeth :)

Mary said...

I love the patterns against patterns in these! So striking!

Phyl said...

Are those the markers that they used to call Overwriters? There were 'under' colors and 'over' colors. Your results make me assume it is the same stuff.

Anyhoo - pretty cool - wish I could say you borrowed it from me but I would be lying...

Mrs. C said...

Awesome project Pat! These are fantastic! Love the effects with the markers! :)

Pat said...

Thanks for the nice comments, ladies! And yes, Phyl, they used to be called Overwriters and now they're "ColorSwitchers"! Ha!