Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One more Youth Art Month winner!!

I was sure one of my 5th graders had a good chance at winning the coveted YAM Billboard. Her beautiful marker drawing in the style of Canadian artist, Emily Carr, is exquisite. But to my surprise. they gave it to one of my 1st grade students from school #3. I can't wait to surprise her this Friday morning when she will be given the news, have her photo taken for the newspaper and receive a framed photo from the billboard company.

How cute is this?

I know this project has been floating around Pinterest for quite awhile, but it is the first time I've taught this lesson. Guess it's a keeper, huh?

7 comments:

Phyl said...

Aww... Adorable! Congrats to the little artist and her awesome teacher! (You!). Hope you are feeling well!

Liz Tierney said...

Yes, thank you for teaching our daughter Pat! We can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out on Friday!! :)

Beth said...

How cute is that!!

Liz Tierney said...

Also wanted to add our daughter brought up the subject of "making an owl" using techniques of a "famous artist". I asked her what technique was it. She responded "using black and white lines and just three other colors. She told me the colors and I reminded her these were the primary colors. So, she wanted to "google" this information to see if she could find out the name of the artist (she had forgotten the name). We "found" him. She read where he was from (Netherlands) and she even saw the picture of the home he was born in. She was interested! :)

Rina k6art.com said...

I love this little owl. It is perfect for a billboard - bright colors, good contrast, simple easily identify able contour and can be seen from a distance

Pat said...

Thanks, everybody! I am so excited to tell my students she won !!!

Mr. E said...

Pat...did you get the picture of me & your friend!? She delivered her your hug...and I got a couple more throughout the conference!!! She seemed so sweet...and she sang your praised. I told her she didn't have to lie..but she continued on! :) hee hee