Translate

Monday, March 18, 2013

Hundertwasser Landscapes

Geez, I hope I spelled that dude's name correctly..........It's a big mouthful of German, that's for sure! I'm sure I saw this on Pinterest but if this was your idea, please let me know and I'll give you a plug.

My 2nd graders loved this project

because, A) they love to paint

and B) because they fell in love with the metallic oil pastels

This was a good  review of warm/cool colors and the intro to using oil pastels which was new to them. I really like the way they turned out and most students were successful as well as very anxious to take them home and show Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Mrs. C said...

I love Hundertwaaser! For two years now i have been telling myself I am going to develop a lesson using him as an inspiration! Maybe after our drawing unit! Your students pieces came out great! :)

Lisbeth Reinholdt said...

I love Hundertwasser! And I've used him in my art lessons several times. The students find it very easy and fun to paint like him. His lollipoptrees, spiral of life, houses, towers and the mix of many different colours, that looks so great!
Your students made really nice happy landscapes. :-)