Translate

Monday, September 2, 2013

Back to Blogging

I've had an unusual year so far. Without boring anyone with tales of all my physical problems (I'm almost completely back to normal for a 59 year old) suffice it to say that I have missed my blog and all of those I follow. I just found out that Ted, of Art with Mr. E, has dropped me because  I haven't been posting! Ouch!Well, I will tell you one reason. My sweet Dad passed away on June 14th after a brave battle with Parkinson's and dementia. I helped my Mom move into a retirement community which she loves. I have been remodeling my house and trying to rest up for the new school year, which started for us on August 26th.
          I had a pretty good first week with a little over 800 kids at
       three schools. Other than having to eat lunch in the car while
       traveling between schools, I have a managable schedule. I will          post photos of our first projects next week. It's good to be back
       back!

       
     
  

         

9 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Oh so happy to see you are well Pat ! I was concerned that things were not well since you had not been posting! Sorry about the loss of your Dad... hope you have a much better year than the last, be well and be happy.... :)

Hope Hunter Knight said...

It always seems like, when it rains it pours, doesn't it? Glad to hear you are back in action and here's to a productive and happy new year.

Mary said...

Glad to have you back Pat! Missed your great sense of humor. So sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. Best wishes for a healthy and happy year!

Phyl said...

Ah. My dad died 19 years go this week, suddenly and unexpectedly, and Barely a day goes by that I don't think of him. So I'm sure you will be missing your dad for long time, but I'm glad to hear that you are doing well health-wise and able to move forward with your school year. I know I've missed your bloggy voice (but I didn't delete you! Shame on you, Mr. E!) and I look forward to seeing what you are up to. Stop by and visit my summer posts! Be well, and have a great start to your school year!

dmasse said...

Glad to see you posting again:) Sorry to hear about your father. Be creative and shine brite!

Pat said...

Thanks for the great welcome back, everybody!!

Mr. E said...

I NEVER DELETED YOU!!! HOW DARE YOU DRAG MY NAME THROUGH THE MUD!!!! :) ha ha ha I thought about it..but never did it! I gave you and a couple others grace!!! You were just at the very bottom of my very long list because you hadn't blogged in so long.

Mrs. P, Art Explorer said...

Welcome back! I was worrying since, I too, haven't seen your bright and shining face on my blogroll in awhile either. I am sorry to hear about your father. Hopefully this fall brings you a renewed sense of peace and energy. Hugs from NH. Mrs. P

sallgood said...

Hi! I took the summer off from blogging myself- just too much going on! And I turned 59 too!
Real life always comes first- I remind myself that blogging isn't a job, it's just an effort to share with others. So no guilt, right? :D

I don't know how you do it with 800 students! I only have about 150 at three schools for my after school classes and that's plenty!